Hall Hire Terms and Conditions
Hire Agreements of 5th Chichester Scout Group (“the Committee”) are subject to these Standard Terms and Conditions of Hire and any Special Conditions of Hire arising from the purpose of hire (hereafter jointly referred to as “Hall Conditions”). No exclusion of any term or condition can apply unless specifically granted in writing.
Understanding the Hall Conditions the Hirer will have an understanding of the Hall Conditions in force.
Statement of purpose and supervision of hire The Hirer has entered a clear and unambiguous statement of the purpose of hire on the booking form before signing. The Hirer undertakes to appoint a sufficient number of competent persons, aged 18 or over, to provide adequate supervision throughout the hiring by to ensure the provisions and stipulations referred to in the Hall Conditions and any applicable licenses are complied with.
The Hirer is responsible during the whole period of hire for making sure that:
- Number of people using the hall is not more than that permitted above the limit of 50 without the permission of the Committee.
- Use of premises namely the building, its fabric and contents, its access, car park and surrounding land, is fully supervised to keep those premises safe from damage or change of any sort.
- A fully charged mobile phone is advised to be available & supplied by the hirer for use in an emergency, as there is no telephone on site.
- Behavior of all persons, whatever their capacity, using the premises, remains under control.
- Car parking arrangements are controlled to avoid obstruction of the highway.
- No excessive noise occurs during the hire.
- Any person on arrival or departure makes a minimum of noise particularly late at night or early morning in respect of our neighbours.
- Any electrical appliances brought onto the premises for use shall be certified safe and in good working order, and used in a safe manner, using residual current circuit breakers where appropriate.
- THE HALL & GROUNDS TO THE REAR IN THE FIELD ARE STRICTLY NO SMOKING AREAS NO DISCARDED CIGARETTE ENDS TO BE THROWN IN THE HALL, GROUNDS TO THE REAR OR FRONT OF THE PREMISES
- The hall will be cleared & locked up by 2330hrs with all music off by 2245hrs
The Hirer is responsible during the whole period of hire for making sure that:
- The premises are NOT sub- hired or use for any purpose other than that described in the hire agreement.
- The hirer or anyone else does NOT use the premises for any unlawful purpose or in any unlawful way.
- NO SELLOTAPE TO BE USED TO HANG DECORATIONS BLUE TACK OR EQUIVALENT ONLY.
- NO birds or animals, except guide dogs, are brought in the building, without written permission of the Committee.
- NO animals whatsoever enter the kitchen at any time.
- Nothing that may endanger the premises is allowed to be brought onto the premises.
- NO action is allowed that may render any insurance cover for the premises invalid.
- NO DRUGS are allowed on the premises and smoking NOT permitted anywhere in the hall.
- NO LP Gas appliances or highly flammable substances are brought onto the premises, without permission of the hall.
The Hirer is responsible at the end of the hire for making sure that:
- Everything is left clean and tidy as per the agreed cleaning conditions, with rubbish removed & taken away by the hirer.
- All equipment, chairs and tables have been returned to storage positions tidily.
- The premises cleared of people & all lights switched off.
- All doors and windows locked securely.
- THE KEY TO BE RETURNED IMMEDIATELY AFTER HIRE IS COMPLETE (unless prior agreement with secretary) OTHERWISE AN EXTRA CHARGE WILL BE INCURRED
Authority to supply alcohol or to provide public entertainment
- No persons under the age of 18 years may be supplied, consumed nor encouraged to consume alcohol on the premises under any circumstances.
- There is no sale of Alcohol on the premises allowed unless the local Licensing Authority grants the appropriate license. This application will not be made without the written authority of the Committee. Any expense incurred in obtaining this authority will be the sole responsibility of the hirer.
- Performance of entertainment for the public also requires specific written authority of the Committee. The Committee may choose to require that the Hirer shall obtain a Temporary Event License at their own expense, but no Hirer may seek such a license without the consent of the Committee.
Compliance with The Children Act of I989 The Hirer shall ensure that any activities for children under eight years of age comply with the provisions of The Children Act of I989 and relevant succeeding legislation. Any activity for all children must be operated in accordance with guidelines available for relevant activities, and only fit and proper persons have access to the children.
Compliance with other relevant legislation The Hirer must in particular make sure that the users:
- Do not contravene the law relating to gaming, betting, and lotteries.
- Comply with all conditions and regulations required by the Premises Licensing Act, particularly in connection with events which include public dancing or music, or stage plays, or films, or similar entertainment.
- Do not contravene the Copyright Act
- Observe all relevant food health and hygiene legislation and regulations if preparing, serving or selling food.
Prevention of Fly Posting
- The Hirer shall not carry out, or permit fly posting, or any other illegal form of unauthorised advertisements, for any event taking place at the premises without prior written permission of the Committee. Any breach of this condition may lead to prosecution by the local authority.
Indemnity from the Hirer The Hirer shall indemnify and keep indemnified each member of the Hall’s Council and Management Committee and the Hall’s employees, volunteers, agents and invitees against:
- The cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the premises or the contents of the premises.
- All actions, claims, and costs of proceedings arising from any breach of the Hall Conditions.
- All claims in respect of damages, including damage for loss of property or injury to persons, arising because of the use of the premises (including the storage of equipment) by the Hirer. As directed by the Committee, the Hirer shall make good or pay for all damage (including accidental damage) to the premises or to the fixtures, fittings or contents and for loss of contents.
Insurance A Commercial Hirer shall take out adequate insurance to insure the Hirer and members of the Hirer’s organisation and invitees against all claims arising as a result of' the hire, and on demand shall produce the policy and current receipt or other evidence of cover to the Bookings Clerk. Failure to produce such policy and evidence of cover will render the hiring void and enable the Committee to re-hire the premises to another hirer. The Hall is insured against any claims arising out of its own negligence and its public liability cover extends to cover non-profit making, i.e. non-commercial, hirers. (This does not cover bouncy castles or other inflatable devices, fireworks, sponsored walks, rides or similar events) Items stored by any Hirer in the building are not insured except by prior arrangement with the Committee, which will be confirmed in writing by the Committee.
The Hirer must report all Accidents and Dangerous Occurrences The Hirer must report all accidents involving injury to the public to an authorised representative of the Committee as soon as possible, and complete the relevant section in the Hall’s Accident Book held by the Secretary. Any failure of equipment, either that belonging to the Hall, or brought in by the Hirer must also be reported as soon as possible.
Stored equipment The Hall accepts no responsibility for any stored equipment or other property brought onto or left at the premises and all liability for loss or damage is hereby excluded. All equipment and other property, other than that stored on the premises by agreement, must be removed at the end of each hiring or storage period. The Committee may dispose of any such items 7 days thereafter at its discretion, by sale or otherwise on such terms and conditions as it thinks fit, and charge the Hirer daily storage fees and costs incurred in storing and selling or otherwise disposing of the same.
NO alterations or additions may be made to the premises, and NO fixtures are to be installed (or placards, decorations, or other articles be attached) in any way to any part of the premises without the prior written approval of the Committee. Any alteration, fixture or fitting, or attachment, so approved shall, at the discretion of the Hall, remain in the premises at the end of the hiring and become the property of the Committee or, be removed by the Hirer. The Hirer must make good to the satisfaction of the Committee any damage caused to the premises by such removal. Sellotape is not allowed to be used to secure items or decorations to beams or walls- blue tack or string are the only items permitted to secure the decorations. Any personal property found left in the hall, will be kept for 14 days after the hire and then disposed of as the Committee deem fit if not claimed, without any claim from the hirer or guests against the Committee for the loss.
Continuing hires Once a regular weekly hirer has signed a hire agreement subsequent use of the same facilities for the same purpose will be deemed to be governed by that hire agreement, notwithstanding that dates or times of use have not been inserted appropriately in clauses 1 or 5. The Committee reserves the right to give notice that specific hire dates otherwise considered booked will not be available in order to accommodate special requirements of other hirers from time to time. The Hirer may give notice that no hire is required for specific dates within the continuance. All notices to be in writing at least 10days in advance.
Heating & Electrical Controls Under no circumstances will any hirer or other persons alter or tamper with the main Heating timers/controls or fuse box or wiring without the expressed permission of The Committee. The heating temperature can be controlled by altering the thermostat in the hall by the kitchen hatch only.
Cancellation by the Hirer If the Hirer cancels the booking before the date of the event and the Hall is unable to conclude a replacement booking, the Hall may, at its discretion, require a further payment of hire fees or withhold part of the special deposits and hire charge already paid.
Cancellation by the Committee The Committee reserves the right to cancel a hiring by written notice to the Hirer in the event of the premises being required for use as a Polling Station for a Parliamentary or Local Government election or bye-election or referendum. In any such case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit or hire fees already paid, but the Hall shall not be liable for any resulting direct or indirect loss or damages whatsoever. Or if the Committee reasonably considers that:
- Such hiring may lead to a breach of the licensing conditions, or other legal or statutory requirements, or
- Unlawful or unsuitable activities may take place at the premises as a result of the hiring, or
- The premises have become unfit for the use intended by the Hirer In any such case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit or hire fees already paid, but the Hall shall not be liable for any resulting direct or indirect loss or damages whatsoever.
Restriction of benefit of the hire agreement None of the provisions of the hire agreement are intended to or will operate to confer any benefit pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 on a person who is not named as a party to this Hire Agreement. The hire agreement constitutes permission only to use the premises and confers no tenancy or other right of occupation on the Hirer.
Hire Deposit Arrangements A deposit will be required from the Hirer for each individual event, which will be kept by the Committee. On picking up the keys up and before the commencement of hire, the hirer shall pay the balance outstanding. At the conclusion of the Hire Agreement the hirer shall visually check that premises and ensure all the above relevant clauses have been carried out and completed, and that no damage has been caused during the agreement period & the hall left clean & tidy. If the Committee decides that any of the above clauses have not been completed to a satisfactory standard or any damage has been caused, the premises left in an untidy state the cost of rectifying this will be charged as an extra cost to the hirer on top of the agreed hire fee.
Right of access to the Hall & premises other than the Hirer Any member of The Committee or 5th Chichester Scout Group Leader WILL have the right of access without notice at any time during the hire period. Should during this access it is found that the hirer is in breach of the Hall Hire Conditions, then the function may be closed down immediately without refund of hire or claim for any loss financially or otherwise as a result.
EMERGENCY CONTACT NUMBER FOR HALL HIRERS SHOULD THERE BE ANY PROBLEMS IS 01243 778542 OR 07885 285329
FIRE SAFETY ADVICE
THE CORRECT ADDRESS TO ASSIST THE FIRE BRIGADE IN LOCATING THE PREMISES IS 5TH CHICHESTER SCOUT HALL WHYKE ROAD PO19 8HS (NEXT DOOR TO St. MARYS CHURCH)
FIRE EXTINGUISHERS ARE LOCATED AT THE END OF THE MAIN HALL BY THE FIRE EXIT & ALSO IN THE ENTRANCE HALL BESIDE THE DISABLED TOILET
A FIRE BLANKET IS LOCATED IN THE KITCHEN ON THE WALL
THERE ARE TWO FIRE EXITS TO THE BUILDING:- ONE AT THE REAR INTO THE FIELD AND THE OTHER VIA THE MAIN FRONT DOORS TO THE ROAD
THE DOORS BETWEEN THE ENTRANCE HALL & MAIN HALL ARE FIRE DOORS & SHOULD NOT BE PROPPED OPEN AS IS THE KITCHEN DOOR
ALL FIRE EXITS SHOULD NOT BE LOCKED & LEFT UNOBSTRUCTED FACILITATING A CLEAR & QUICK EXIT IF REQUIRED
IF ANY OF THE FIRE EXTINGUISHERS OR BLANKET ARE USED THE COMMITTEE MUST IMMEDIATELY BE INFORMED FOR THE SAFETY OF FUTURE USERS
Cleaning equipment consisting of brooms, dustpan & brush, hoover, mop & buckets along with cleaning chemicals/cloths, can found in the Utility room next to the Ladies toilet. Please place all items back in this room tidily
- Sweep or hoover as necessary
- Turn off lights including outside one
- Clean all surfaces & sinks
- Replace all hall equipment cleaned & dried back in the cupboards
- If using the oven or cooker please clean any spillages
- Do not leave waste food in kitchen bin
- Remove all items placed in the fridge & Icebox
- Sweep & mop floor
- Turn off all lights
- Check all toilets are flushed & clean
- Wipe handbasins
- Sweep & mop floors
- Turn off all lights
- Sweep through including end mat (hoover if necessary)
- Mop floor
- Replace chairs & tables to storage positions after tables wiped down
- Turn off all lights including Table/chairs Store light
- Secure Fire Exit Doors
REAR FIELD (if used)
- Must be cleared of any rubbish or litter including waste food, cans, bottle tops, ring pulls cigarette ends as it is used by a Nursery school each day
HIRERS ARE REMINDED TO PROVIDE THEIR OWN BLACK RUBBISH SACKS & T-TOWELS
ALL RUBBISH IS TO BE TAKEN AWAY WITH THEM & NOT LEFT IN THE BINS ON THE PREMISES
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THIS WILL RESULT IN AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE
Please ring the week of the hire to arrange a time for the collection of the key